Friday, September 5, 2014

Back to School!

 
Last Monday morning, our alarm went off bright and early. It was the signal that summer was officially over and it was back to the "old grind"! No more sleepin' in and no more lazy days sittin' poolside! It's time for our fall activities to begin and our days to once again be filled with homework and soccer practices;).
It was time to hit the books!
Corban headed to fifth grade this year, and Riley entered the third. 
CRAZY huh?!?!
They are turning into little men right before my very eyes;)
They BOTH have A-MAZING teachers this year and I have no doubt this is going to be one of their best years yet!
 And get this...little miss thang headed to...Kindergarten!
SAY WHAT!?!?!
Yup, that's right, my baby girl is no longer a BABY, but a BIG KINDERGARTNER!!!!! 
Y'all...it's still hard for me to believe.
Soph LOVES school, ADORES her teacher, and has already made LOTS and LOTS of sweet new friends. 
She'll be running the entire school before too long. HA!
This cutie patootie entered Pre-K this year, and headed back to the same wonderful school she was at last year. She continues to benefit greatly from early intervention preschool and speech therapy services which she receives four days a week. She too LOVES her teachers and enjoys being back in the classroom with so many of the sweet friends she made last year.
This little guy has helped me send off (year after year) each one of his brothers and sisters to school, while patiently waiting for the day it would be HIS turn. Well, Tuesday was HIS day...finally! On Tuesday, my sweet HudHud went to school for the VERY FIRST TIME ever!! Boy, am I going to miss my mornings spent with this little guy, but I have no doubt he is going to ROCK T-K! 

 Before school starts each year, we sit down together as a family and chose a theme verse for the year ahead. 
This year we chose 
Matthew 5:16
 "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

I praise the Lord for each one of my precious children He entrusted to me and am so excited to watch them learn, grow, mature and SHINE this coming year. 





3 comments:

Paige said...

I love their signs! We have been in school since the beginning of August. Summer truly flew by!

julie s said...

Is TKI like Young Fives? We don't have that here. Adorable photos.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

They are all so cute! The banner and the chalkboard numbers are so creative!